Thursday, December 27, 2007

Internet Down

Ugh! Our internet went out yesterday. That meant trying to contact the company, the kind of task that always fills me with dread. It wasn't so bad, though. I found the company name on the cable modem, found them in the phone book, listened carefully to the voice menus and pressed 2 for internett and then 2 because it said something about "ikke" for that option -- "ikke" means "not" and we fell into the "not" category, I hoped.

They'll send a technician, but it will take 3 working days, which translates to 7 calendar days. I'm not sure what we'll do without internet for 7 days... the kids play games online, we watch TV online, I play Scrabble with my mother-in-law online, we blog and email and research things to do in Trondheim and store hours and yikes! We have become quite dependent on the web. This morning we are at ThIS. The kids are in the computer center and we are happily catching up on email.

I know I should say something optimistic like "This will be a great opportunity for us to do different things with our time," but I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment