Monday, April 6, 2009

Book order


Feeling antsy for more Norwegian, I placed an order on Amazon for these books today:

1. Norwegian: An Essential Grammar (Essential Grammars). Using Amazon's "look inside" feature, the grammar book looks exactly like the straight-forward mechanics I need right now.

2. Norwegian Folktales (Pantheon Fairy Tale and Folklore Library). This book, written in English, will be fun, and I think my eldest daughter will enjoy this.

3. Antologi Workbook/Arbeidsbok For Norsk nordmenn og Norge. Reviewers claim this workbook is tough -- bring it on! My other workbook is a bit too easy, and this was only $4.50, so low risk.

4. Deb Nelson Gourley presents: Kings of Norway (58 bilingual stories in English and Norwegian) (includes 3 CDs). This book looks very special; hardcover, color painting, written in side-by-side English and Norwegian, with CDs. Cool. It was expensive ($40), but I hope it will help with language and history.

Woo-hoo! I still have half a dozen books on my wish-list, but this will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment