Friday, August 28, 2009

Festning and Meetings

Several days of biking everywhere has been nice. We have the car back, but it's not entirely fixed, so we must take it back again later.

Yesterday I went with a friend from the office to the fortress to plan a math trail for Pam's class. Gerd is an expert on the fortress. In fact, her father was in the department of defense and she lived at the fortress from the time she was 10 until she was 20. What a place to live! She has some great stories. The weather was beautiful, sunny and breezy, and we had a lovely afternoon.

Afterwards, I picked up Anna next door from school and we walked downtown to get hardware and icecream, and then a few hours of teacher meetings. 3 kids, 3 meetings, 3 hours. We didn't get home until eight.

I'm really getting into the swing of work. There are so many things I want to do! The atmosphere is very social, and I meet spontaneously with colleagues several times every day to share ideas and get excited about computer programs or crocheting or mirrors or whatever. Mostly I talk Norwegian around work, and outside of work I find myself switching back and forth between English and Norwegian without thinking. Vowels are hard. Prepositions are hard. But today I learned how to say "oil pressure gauge", and that makes everything all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment