Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sjoko og Tog

Here's Sjoko. Very nice kitten; fun, playful, likes to be held, and pre-litterboxtrained.




I had a little adventure yesterday. I took the car into Hommelvik to get it fixed. It's leaking oil from the dashboard onto my feet, very not cool. It's also losing water madly from the radiator, and the brakes are in poor shape. Our mechanic lives outside of town about a 30 minute drive, and so I had to figure out how to get back using the bus or the train. I was pleased to be able to start conversations with two strangers and find out everything I needed to know about how the bus and train system work. I could even understand the announcements over the loudspeakers. The train was the best bet, inexpensive, a nice ride along the shore, a chance to read my book, and a drop-off just a 10 minute walk from our house. A successful adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment