Thursday, October 29, 2009

Operation Work Day


Maggie came with me at the office today. It's "Operation Workday", a Norwegian tradition for school kids. They have to go get jobs and earn money to send to charity. Maggie folded folders and stuffed envelopes to get 200 kr. (about $30) to sent to Afrika. This is a 40-year old tradition in Norway – everyone at the office was excited to have her and reminisced about the times they themselves did jobs for their Operation Workdays.

Maggie has also learned valuable concepts about work life in the real world. Mainly that work stinks.

Elsa, my random phone friend, called again tonight and we talked for about 10 minutes. She's a great-grandmother. Her daughter lives in Oslo, and her phone number is the same as ours except for one digit, thus the original mix-up. I don't mind at all, and I made sure to tell her tonight that I'm glad she's been calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment