Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fox, Shelter, and Lego

On campus today, this very large fox the size of a medium-sized dog. Heavy tail.

I came in on a Saturday to set up a math stand to entertain/educate kids who are competiting in a Lego League robotics championship. Kids ages 10-16 from near and far, coming to build and program robots. I set up an area with lots of snap together polygons and pictures of the Platonic and Archimedean solids, and spent 3 hours building cool shapes with interesting kids. It was fun to talk to them and their parents in Norwegian... I'm finally starting to get the hang of this language!




Here's one more picture: in the basement of my building is a massive bomb shelter area, past two sets of heavy steel double doors. I've heard many buildings in Europe have these kind of rooms. Cool, and creepy!



No comments:

Post a Comment