Saturday, November 21, 2009

Test Day!

I'm applying to take a Norwegian language course at the university. I've never had a formal course in Norwegian, so I have to take a placement test, and that test was this morning, 0900-1200. I haven't taken an exam in many, many years, so this was kind of exciting for me. Generally, I like tests. Yeah, geeky I know.

Anyway, an early night last night reading a Norwegian book in bed (Hexene), and a good breakfast and a big mug of coffee-to-go this morning.

It was fun! I immediately wished I had read my grammar book last night instead of Roald Dahl. Reflexive verb forms... possesive pronouns... does this word change with plural form or not?... should I write two words in this blank because it sounds better?... mmmm...

The test was 5 pages of fill-in-the-blanks covering the basics of language, and then a 300 word essay on my choice of 1 of 4 topics. Several things I know I got wrong, but all in all I finished early and found the exam to be rather easy. A good sign.

There's no guarantee that I'll get any place in any class, so we'll have to wait and see. But it was fun and I hope I get to take a class this January.

No comments:

Post a Comment