Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to School

Exciting couple of days. Experienced car trouble in Åre, very hard to start there and again Sunday morning, but managed to get it going and got Kent back to the airport yesterday. The car will need professional help I'm afraid.

Sunday night we had the Sollie's over for games. Lots of Catan action! Then I went back to the airport late night (in a different car) to pick up Daniel and Evelina, back from Switzerland. Finally in bed late, after a lot of driving and late nights the past few days.

Then Monday morning, everyone is up early early early for the first day of school after break. All break we had slept in late until 9:30 or 10 or so, and despite trying to get the family to bed early Saturday and Sunday, it was still a shock to the system. Fortunately, our friends loaned us their car to use today, which I needed especially to get to the local teacher's college where I had a meeting with the faculty there. I may be doing some things with them this spring.

Called the car dealership's shop and they can't get our car in for 9 days. The weather was forecast to be –23°C, but it was more like –8°C, kind of "warm" really. The low low temperatures are now forecast for Thursday, –20°C in Trondheim, and –40°C in the east. Yikes! I can't wait 9 days for a car appointment! Another call and I booked an appointment for *this* Wednesday. We can handle that.

Tonight everyone is very very tired, me included. But I need to stay up to watch a special TV program... which is starting right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment