Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Too much ice

I walk most places, which is why I'm getting pretty tired of all this ice. We've had a warm few weeks, which is nice, but it's not been warm enough to rid the ice from the sidewalks and backstreets. In fact, it makes it worse because instead of walking on soft snow with traction, I'm walking on thick shiny ice. In Norway, they don't put salt on the streets or walkways because of damage to vehicles and roadways. Instead the sprinkle sharp black gravel on the surface, which works wonderfully and is swept up in the springtime and saved for next year. But they don't get all the sidewalks, so I need to walk slowly and watch my feet which really makes it no fun to walk. And don't even get me started about that big hill I walk up and down every day! Grrrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment