Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Troll Hunter

I couldn't believe it when I saw this movie came out a few weeks ago: Trolljegeren, "The Troll Hunter". A mockumentary about some college kids following a troll hunter, and the trouble they run into. Turns out trolls are real.

This movie is full of Norwegian folklore -- and there's a lot of troll folklore. I've been fasnicated with them since we first moved to Norway, and we've read all the stories concerning all types of trolls, so this was a "must-see" movie for me.

Elisabeth and Martin emailed me yesterday asking "Trolljegeren this weekend?" But of course. This evening we all piled into the newly named "Trollmobile" and drove downtown for the film. We were not disappointed. We couldn't follow all of the conversations, but how much conversation do you need when you're hunting trolls. And oh, there were so many trolls. Nasty things, trolls are.

I understand an American company has bought the rights to the film so there will be an American version. They'll have a lot to live up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment