Friday, February 4, 2011

New Math Room

There's a new math room at the Science museum in town, and I was invited to the opening. The theme of the room is Thomas Angell, a figure from Trondheim's history who contributed much to charity in the first half of the 1700s.

Pam and I hobnobbed with local politicians and other important folk before we were greeted by Thomas Angell "himself". He talked a bit about his life and showed us the math exhibits based on his experiences. The room itself is quite lovely and the workmanship on the exhibits is exquisite.

Here's me with the director the math center competing in a game, and another picture with my business partner Gerd and the builder, Stein, who has created the exhibits. I've been working with Stein on some other projects -- he's a really great guy I look forward to working more with.



No comments:

Post a Comment