Sunday, May 8, 2011

To USA

Off to Wisconsin to surprise my mother for her 70th birthday. Unfortunately, it wasn't much of a surprise because Bill had a surgery rescheduled and we've had to change locations, so my sisters had to spill the beans that I was coming.

It was a great visit with my Mom and Bill and my sisters, brother-in-law, niece and nephew. We were in the tiny farming town of Luxemburg outside of Green Bay where my brother-in-law owns and operates a good size dairy farm. We took a trip to Algoma for a birthday lunch. Algoma is an up-and-coming artistic town on the shore of Lake Michigan.

I had company on the trip: Peter sent his favorite stuffed animal with me. I took good care of Snow Kitty. Here's Snow Kitty ready for the big flight, and a few pictures from the trip.

Happy Birthday Mom!


Here's Mom, my oldest sister and her two kids.


Here's a photo of a photo of my two oldest sisters:

 Judi demonstrate sword dancing, her latest dancing obsession!

Rachel, Judi, Mark, and my youngest sister Hez at a cafe in Algoma.

Mark wheeled in a new-born calf. He has 2-3 births every week, it was amazing to see how quickly he could pick up a calf and set it up in its own baby cow hut and then hustle off to return to farm duties. With over 200 cows on his dairy farm, he wastes no time taking care of business!

No comments:

Post a Comment