Monday, May 28, 2012
I thought the lists were confidential, but a recent Russe showed me her list and then I found many others online. There were 132 stunts, or 'knuter' ('tough-nuts') listed on the official Trondheim Russeknute list, and then every school has their own that they add (Katedral skole had 209 on their list). I've translated the list and I present a sampling here to give you an idea of the kind of challenges and the variety. I've cut down the list quite a bit, but if you search for "Russeknute" you can find many such lists. Looks like fun to me!
1. Knot in hat: 24 hours without sleep.
3. Lollipop: Hand out Russe cards to children in hospital.
4. Ruler: Sit under your desk for a whole lesson.
5. Safety Pins: Request sex tips from the mother of a fellow Russe.
6. A crust of bread: Wear bread like shoes a full day of school.
7. Gold Pin: Swim outside before 1 April.
16. Kvikklunsj Paper: Do business at the police station with cross-country skis, poles and rucksacks.
17. Piece of cloth: Wear Russe pants throughout the entire Russe period.
30. Toy car: Drive ten rounds in a roundabout
32. Bit of packaging: Eat a burger in two bites
42. A one-crown coin: Buy a case of 0.33 l beer only one kroner coins.
43. A five-crown coin: Buy a meal from Burger King and give it to a beggar.
45. Parking Tickets: Pay for one hour parking in the middle of the city and occupy the space with you and a tricycle
55. Reflective tape: Operate radar control in the 30-zone with a reflective vest and hair dryers
70. Plastic Apple: Report a worm in your apple to the police.
72. Piece of a page from a dictionary: Speaking a language other than Norwegian for an entire class period (your own invented language is allowed!)
75. Eraser: Stay overnight in the yard of a teacher
83. Number slip: assist a customer in a random store
85. The money from the trip: Operate a pirate taxi from Monkegate to the Torg with a tricycle.
92. Lollipop Paper: Buy ice cream and give russe cards to an entire kindergarten.
98. McDonalds bag of salt: Drive naked through the drive-in at McDonalds and ask for a milkshake.
105. Kebab bread: Place a kebab in the blender and drink it
123. Pickled herring: Go with a frozen fish on a leash in the northern gate and look for a vet.
125. Toy car: Climb through the back seat of a car waiting at a red light.
Posted by Mike Naylor at 7:31 PM