Friday, October 26, 2012

Laser tag!

I took Peter and five of his friends to laser tag tonight. We went to LaserX across town in Fossengrenda, and I was pleased to be chauffeuring the group of excited 12-year olds as they joked and plotted strategies. It reminded me very much of when I was their age and my neighbor's dad would drive a group of us to the university so that we could hunt each other in a live-action game we called "Assassin".

We arrived early and ordered pizza, ate, and then headed up to register. There was a lot of action upstairs with groups coming and going, but the guy behind the counter was cool-headed and friendly. We eventually got set up and I admired his patience as he explained the set up and rules. He asked me if I'd like to join the boys for free. Oh yes I would!

The arena was fun! It was a good layout, and the equipment was top notch. You can even get power ups, such as rapid-fire, shields, invisibility and shotgun blast. The computers keep track of every shot and we get a printout of the results from each round.

We played two 15-minute rounds. Peter won both rounds, earning him much esteem amongst his peers. Two rounds costs 150 kroner, and I must say it was totally worth it! We're planning to do it again, and this time bring more dads.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was researching on google for Laser Tag , Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds.

    ReplyDelete