Thursday, March 14, 2013

Kindergarten conference in Oslo

I've been in Oslo this week to run a kindergarten math conference. My colleague was actually running the conference, but because of sickness in her family she had to cancel, which shifted responsibility for running the conference to me. I was fairly stressed out about this development, but everything went well. I had plenty of support and only had to handle some small details and be the face and mouth of the conference.

I don't have any photos from the conference, so here's a photo of a  manhole cover in Oslo. A friend from Washington who was an invited speaker at the conference pointed out that almost all manhole covers have a number '40' on them. This became a great topic for dinner conversation, and I ended up writing about it on the Matematikksenteret's blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment