Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bridges 2013

The annual math art conference was in Enschede, Netherlands this year, and I took Maggie with me to expose her to the kind of crazy creative smart atmosphere surrounding this kind of event. For 5 wonderful days we experienced workshops, talks, shows, music, etc, etc, etc. Maggie was also part of the theater group with me and landed a rather large role in the play. She had the big part of Tammy the nurse, and I was Dr. Donald Reynolds, in John Mighton's "Half-Life". We got our scripts on the first day of the conference and performed the 70-minute show to a packed house on the fourth day. Fun!

After the conference, we took the train to Amsterdam and spent a day exploring downtown. It was a great trip, and I was glad to have Maggie with me this time. Here's some pics.

Our first meal in Enschede: crepes and bubble tea!

George Hart demonstrates a pop-up sphere in the art gallery

My animated picture took Best of Show this year!

Mime-matics with Tim and Tanya Chartier

Evening making music and math in local pubs

Math haircuts were all the rage this year

Me with Vi Hart in the play

Maggie in the play

Curtain call

Maggie in Amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment