Monday, August 26, 2013

Aker Brygge

In Oslo today. I've only been in Oslo during the winter, when it's dark and cold and ugly. I've been wondering why people like Oslo when it seems to me like such a dreadful place. Well, this time it was sunny and beautiful, people were out, flowers everywhere, and the city was an entirely place from what I've experienced.

During a free hour my colleague showed me around Aker Brygge, an area with a lot of restaurants and artwork on the waterfront. Every passageway in this part of the city led to some kind of secret courtyard with artwork and fountains and wonderful things.

Here's two of my favorite discoveries in this part of town:

Kind of like Muppets meet Jurassic Park. This guy is awesome!
Does this look like giant boobs to you, too? I think that's what it's supposed to be. Ahhhh... Oslo!

No comments:

Post a Comment